If you’re like me, you find the success of others to be super inspiring. I’ve recently taken to following a few blogs that post monthly earnings reports from various monetization methods they employ on their websites. Now, a word of caution.
Comparison, my friends, is the thief of joy.
These bloggers and entrepreneurs have been doing their thing for a LONG time. Many of them have people to help them manage their blogs, babysit their children, and organize their lives. Their results are not typical but they prove that with a little hard work, making your living on the internet is totally possible!
That said, be inspired and learn from what they are doing… but remember that there is something wonderfully lovely about contentment and being happy with what you have.
1. Pinch of Yum – Some of my favorites. Love their humble beginnings and willingness to share their tips with other bloggers looking to monetize their blogs! I’ve seen a lot of blogs who have been inspired by their success and taken to following their lead.
2. Dale Partridge @ The Daily Positive – This guy is insane. Lots of irons in the fire and a boatload of great advice for entrepreneurs. His story, however, is not typical, He has a stake in several successful startups despite his young age.
3. Blogging on The Side – Becky of Your Modern Family posts her income reports monthly. Um, let’s just say that for a mom of 4 she is killing it in sponsored blog posts and the works. How does she have time for all of that?! Mad props.
4. Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income – This guy is also ridiculous. He makes more every month than a lot of people hope to earn in a year. Lots of great screencasts, podcasts, and tips for bloggers! Killing it in affiliate sales every month.
5. Moms Make Money – This gal is super savvy and shares her main sources of income as well as tips about driving traffic, what has caused her traffic peaks and slumps.
6. ByRegina – She’s a smaller blog, but shares a helpful bit about her blog traffic and things she is doing to monetize her blog. Definitely worth a read!
7. Making Sense of Cents – This blog is by a gal who used her extra income to quit her day job and pay off student debts. While she does not break her monthly earnings down or provide the same level of transparency as other online income reports, her earnings are inspiring nonetheless!